BUTYL ADHESIVE TAPES
Butyl adhesive tapes are ideal for sealing and waterproofing tasks due to its high UV resistance.
It is composed of a synthetic rubber resin between 0.6mm and 2mm thick.
This makes it highly adaptable to all types of surfaces.
It is a clean, cold-applied product with excellent sealing properties. Butilband can be supplied cut into rolls in the specified width.
Butyl mastics are used in many sectors due to their versatility.
Specifically, the product is available in various presentations:
- Double-sided adhesive butyl tape: internal joint sealing. Sealing of medium and low voltage splices.
- Butyl adhesive tape with aluminium. Indoor or outdoor sealing in construction. Sealing of gas pipes. Sealing of overlapping joints in ceilings. Profiling of chimney joints. Automotive gasket sealing. Corrosion protection.
- Butyl adhesive tape with non-woven fabric. Sealing joints in roofs, terraces, showers, bathtubs.
- Film laminated butyl adhesive tape in various colours. Overlap sealing of lightweight panels, tiles, and other decorative elements in construction.
- Butyl mastic bead. Butyl rubber profile in the form of a cord, laid on a siliconised liner. It offers high adhesion and adaptability to industrial and constructive elements. It is impervious to water, moisture and dust.
It is impervious to water, moisture and dust.
In any case, it is only necessary to ensure that the surfaces are clean and dry before applying the butyl adhesive joint. Similarly, in situations where the temperature is very low, it is advisable to wipe off the moisture with a cloth to avoid possible condensation between the butyl resin and the substrate.
Properties Butyl Adhesive Tapes
- Quick and easy application.
- High resistance to temperature changes.
- Temperature resistance: -30ºC to +80ºC
- Fire classification M1.
You can see another interesting post here.