DOUBLE-SIDED FOAM TAPES
Double-sided adhesive tape with foam backing is used when uneven surfaces need to be joined quickly and easily.
Foam double-sided adhesive tapes are available in various sizes, thicknesses, thicknesses and also in different formats: roll, spool or die-cut pieces (adhesive circles, with or without flange).
The backing can be made of polyethylene foam, polyurethane or visco-elastic foam.
This type of double-sided adhesive foams would have several important advantages to consider:
- They are quick and easy to use.
- Padded product to the required thickness that adapts to all types of surfaces.
- Adhesives suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Acoustic cushioning thanks to its padding.
- Thermal insulation.
- Clean and invisible joints.
- Assembly of emblems, signs, posters, signage, signposting.
- Fixing of mirrors and glass.
- Gluing of gutters, air fresheners and other small objects.
- Joining of decorative veneers, featherboard, pictures, mouldings.
- Gluing of displays, exhibition stands and other light elements.
DOUBLE-SIDED ADHESIVE TAPE VISCOELASTIC ACRYLIC FOAM (VHB)
VHB acrylic foam adhesive tapes would be the strongest and most durable of all.
This type of closed cell adhesive tape has a very high performance and is able to replace screws, rivets, welds and other classical mechanical joints.
When using a high performance tape, the bond is not only concentrated on a single point, but is spread over the entire substrate, distributing the stress that the material has to withstand.
What are the main advantages of an acrylic foam adhesive tape versus mechanical bonding?
- Instant adhesion: instant bonding of surfaces.
- Shock absorption: its different thicknesses absorb shocks and vibrations.
- Adapts to stresses: ability to expand and contract, very useful when dealing with different materials and expansion coefficients.
- Distributes stress: by increasing the bonding surface, we avoid the critical areas of greatest stress.
- Adaptability: it is a very flexible and malleable material.
- Waterproof: the viscoelastic tape permanently seals the bonded surfaces.
- Aesthetic improvement: by avoiding rivets and screws we make the joints cleaner.
- Speed: we optimise working time and reduce manufacturing costs.
- Customisation: possibility of die-cutting in customised pieces to drawing.
- XXL roll holder sold separately.