3M™ Teflon Tape (PTFE) 5480
This time we would like to introduce you to 3M high temperature PTFE tape 5480, for creating slippery surfaces.
The main property of Teflon as a material is that it is almost inert. It has a high impermeability and very low coefficient of friction, and maintains its characteristics in humid environments. It is also very flexible and a great electrical insulator, and is able to withstand a wide range of temperatures. Its most outstanding feature is its non-stick properties.
3M Tape 5180 offers a low coefficient of friction which, in combination with a pressure-sensitive silicone adhesive, provides a slippery surface on a variety of substrates to facilitate non-adhesive applications requiring good performance at high temperatures.
Our tape exhibits good conformability when wrapping rolls and provides excellent resistance to chemicals except organic solvents.
The old 3M™ part number is 5180.
- Wrapping laminated rubber rollers used in manufacturing processes, increasing their efficiency and performance.
- Create chemical resistant surfaces.
- Sealing or masking for sound management and noise reduction.
Details High Temperature PTFE Tape
- Temperature resistance up to 260 °C
- Adaptable polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film backing.
- Silicone adhesive removes cleanly from various surfaces. Tape is removed cleanly and in one piece without leaving behind unwanted adhesive residue or tape fragments.
- Wrapping of rubber laminate rollers on hot polyethylene extruders to create a release surface to help minimise cleaning work.
- Easy release surface provided when wrapping rolls, sheets, webs, etc., where sticky materials can accumulate.
- Chemical resistant surface for sealing and masking.
We have a wide range of high temperature resistant products, see another interesting post here.