TECHNICAL COVERING TAPES
Technical covering tapes. These are our special adhesive tapes, as they are made for a very specific purpose and have very high performance.
Within this section we can find different materials such as PTFE Teflon, Polyester and Kapton Polyamide.
POLYESTER ADHESIVE TAPE
Polyester adhesive tapes are available in various adhesives specific to each requirement.
The adhesive can be acrylic or thermosetting rubber.
Specifically, these would be some of the most common variations within the technical covering tapes:
- Resistant polyester adhesive tape for resistance up to 200°C
- Polyester adhesive tape for silicone paper.
- Polyester adhesive tape for ovens.
- Metallised polyester adhesive tape for splice detection.
- Metallised polyester adhesive tape for screen printing plates.
- Coloured polyester adhesive tape for splice marking.
- Polyester adhesive tape for external insulation of coils and electrical connections.
PTFE ADHESIVE TAPE (Teflon)
Teflon adhesive tape provides a very slippery surface and at the same time good resistance to chemicals and heat.
It should be added that another feature of PTFE Teflon adhesive tapes is that they greatly reduce friction and noise in the various workpieces by improving the sliding properties.
In summary, common applications are:
- PTFE Teflon adhesive tape for coating rollers and cylinders.
- PTFE Teflon adhesive tape for the flexographic industry.
- PTFE Teflon adhesive tape for automotive and aerospace industry.
POLYMIDE ADHESIVE TAPE (Kapton®)
Kapton® backed adhesive tapes have a very high performance silicone adhesive and a low electrostatic charge.
The maximum working temperature of Polyamide tapes would be around 250ºC.
- Polyamide adhesive tape for electronic circuit assembly.
- Polyamide adhesive tape for rewrapping batteries and other electronics.
- Polyamide adhesive tape for masking circuits during hot air leveling.